Thursday, April 2, 2009

Contentment

I am content.
I mean this in the broad sense of the word.
(There are 2 little boys in Peru who if they could come home would allow me to be even more content!) I was able to spend time today with two of my precious nieces and my sister-in-law. Playing with an almost 2 year old and holding a 4 week old is wonderful. I treasure our time with them, especially when there are no grandparents around to "share" them with. :) However, it did leave me thinking about how much I love parenting an almost 5 year old and 7 year old. I love this age. At this point the desire to go backwards and have babies is gone. We don't have diapers, they eat with out assistance, ok they do most everything without assistance and I love it. I rarely say "share", "don't whine" or "don't hit". It's just so much fun! I am so thankful that I experienced all of Calahan and Harper's stages but this by far is my favorite. It does make me sad to think about how we missed the baby and toddler stages of "the brothers" but really excited that if they do get to "come home" they will fit right in to the stage we are in now! I am looking forward to what the Lord has for us in the future! Will I love adolesence just as much?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for the comments about the girls! And as far as "the teenage years", just call me so that I can remind you that your kids are NORMAL and that every teenager goes through that stage..at least all of the ones that I taught!