In my quiet time in the Bible today!
1. That even when Simon denied Jesus 3 times, Jesus promised him that when he repented and turned to Jesus again He would be used by the Lord to STRENGTHEN and BUILD UP his brothers! (Lk 22:32) Lord, thank you that you used Simon. Thank you for using me despite my sin!
2. Jesus says "The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works because I am going to be with the Father"! (Jn 14:12) Lord, Help me to do your work!
3. Jesus also tells us that " You didn't chose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last..." (Jn 15:16) Lord, Thank you for choosing me. I don't deserve what you have done for me!
4. Jesus commanded us "to love each other in the same way that I love you. And here is how to measure it - the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends. You are my friends if you obey me." (Jn 15:12-14) Lord, please help me to deny myself. It is so easy to love me! Help me to love others more! I want to obey you.
5. Lastly, "Mark my words - I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father's Kingdom." (Mtw 26:29) That's right! There will be wine in heaven! Lord, help me learn to like wine! :)